On New Year’s Day, 1930, a showing of the 1927 film “Wings” marked the opening of the new Paramount Theatre in Asbury Park. The Paramount is co-located with the Asbury Park Convention Hall on the boardwalk along the Atlantic Ocean. The two are connected by an arcade that spans the boardwalk. A statue of Asbury Park founder James A. Bradley faces the building’s west facade. The theater has featured a mix of movies and live performances from 1930 to the present. The 1,600-seat theater was placed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1979.
Source: Bilby, Joseph G. (2009). Asbury Park: A brief history. History Press, Charleston, S.C.