In 1928, Edward and Teresa Dangler constructed a large two-story Colonial Revival mansion on the hilltop of their 35-acre property at 152 Red Hill Road that was later owned by noted gangster Vito Genovese. The house burned down under suspicious circumstances a short time later. We had been unable to locate a photo anywhere. Finally, the president of the Middletown Township Historical Society located an image within the archives of the Monmouth County Parks System to solve the mystery.
Leave a Reply